Quote Originally Posted by zapatak View Post
Hi, and thanks for your rapid responses.
As far as making multiple version sites is concerned, I have been there. I have done trilingual holiday letting sites and local museum work. Quick and easy to set up but six months later when the memory cells have been disolved in red wine and you are asked to update and modify they can be a real knicker twister !
I liked Acorn's solution and that is very much like something which I tried and had in mind. Problems are that the initial page has no text until a button is pressed. Everytime you link to another page you have once again to make the language choice.
These issues could be solved if one could set the status of layers 'visible' or 'not visible' in advance. I could be wrong but it appears to me that by default all new layers are off until turned on.
It would be really good if the status of a layer could be optionally transferred to the web page it linked to. Meaning if French was turned on in the index page it would remain on until actively changed.
Maybe this is already possible ? Happen I am asking too much ? Looking forward to hearing your views and suggestions.
Stay safe !
zapatak, I expected the ask for having a pop-up open on page load. I did a simple Page Head Code for this a time back:
Code:
<script>
  setTimeout( function(){
    xr_v1(document.getElementById('english').parentNode.parentNode.parentNode);
  }, 1000);
</script>
This delays the English Layer opening to an Anchor on the layer Named "english".

Xara already adds <html lang="en"> to the HTML when you use Text tool > Spelling icon > Document language: English (U.K.)

Acorn