Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
I am just looking forward to wimbledon, not really a tennis fan, but if/when it happens then things will be on the mend...

like behzad said - its a tricky subject... if You have a really expensive computer monitor, say at 4K native resolution, and you drop the resolution down to HD [1080p] then it will still look pretty good; but a cheap monotor will not

it sounds like you have a good TV

[as you may have noticed my implied point is - is the TV upscaling your video, or is it downscaling its resolution to match....]
LOL definitely not downscaled!

I sometimes take a picture from some TV programes because I want to keep a still reference. On every TV besides this one there's been a moire pattern - it's not present on the 4K set.

Here's the sales blurb:

• 4K UHD Processor: Powerful 4K UHD Processor Optimizes Your TV’s Performance by Upscaling Every Show, Season, and Scene With 4K Picture Quality
  • Enhanced Detail with HDR: 4K Depth of Detail with High Dynamic Range Lets You See Shades of Color That Reveal More Detail than Hdtv Can Deliver

It's the top of the range of cheaper Samsung TVs.

Super pleased with it. I think the range has been superceeded in 2020 by the 8000 range.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhdtv...E55RU7400UXXU/