Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I was in the sixth grade (Yes sixth grade, get off me!) my friends and I wanted to start our own band. Our first step was to find a 'cool' name... that's the farthest we got!
    We came up with a few words that sounded neat and had some kind of meaning, didn't have to relate to anything! I then went home and worked in corelXARA to come up with some concepts for them all (Just now reallized how long I've been doin this stuff! It's crazy!) The one they chose was called vitality with a lightning bolt or two in the BG. I've lost the file since then, but I made a printout that I still have and I decided to try doing it over with new skills/mindset because of the challenge.
    Hope you like it, a little 80's maybe, but then again... maybe not? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	11683  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

When I was in the sixth grade (Yes sixth grade, get off me!) my friends and I wanted to start our own band. Our first step was to find a 'cool' name... that's the farthest we got!
    We came up with a few words that sounded neat and had some kind of meaning, didn't have to relate to anything! I then went home and worked in corelXARA to come up with some concepts for them all (Just now reallized how long I've been doin this stuff! It's crazy!) The one they chose was called vitality with a lightning bolt or two in the BG. I've lost the file since then, but I made a printout that I still have and I decided to try doing it over with new skills/mindset because of the challenge.
    Hope you like it, a little 80's maybe, but then again... maybe not? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

... absolutely fantastic design, Steve!

Trust me... Nothing was that original in the 80's... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think the 80's will be the only decade without a revival - thank God! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The only good thing about the 80's was Duran Duran - - - I'M JOKING!, OK! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But Steve - what is the name of the Album? - and that stuff...

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Risto you really ARE joking! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Really cool lightning, Steve!

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Steve, Your lightning and cover pack a punch. Good work. Neil

in Ross's CD Design Challenge in the Xara X Conference?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Sorry for not responding for a while. my internets been down for the past week & a half and just got back and running today, had to post the pic from my Dads.

I've been trying at a good lightning technique ever since I got the program and think I finally got somewhere! I'll c-ya later

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-