Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: No my question was not complete. thread was closed before my final comments

new question.

Established: If I reinstall my v16, I can apply the 16.3 update to it since that is the version that was active as of date of purchase

At end of March another update is scheduled. IF I were to allow it into my machine, and IF I were to copy it to an external drive, upon reinstall a year or so from now, would the program accept the March 2020 update because I already have it locally?
    The program has expiry file which stores DATE, not VERSION in the expiry info.
    So I see one of these things happening:
    EITHER:
    - it reads the 365 service expiry date Feb 2021 and says yes, that update was within the 365 days, allows install
    OR:
    - it reads the 365 service expiry date Feb 2021 and says NO, the update is past 16.3 so not allowed.

I wonder if it would allow the install.... HMMMM

Has anyone tested this?
    If I could keep the monster machine working for another year, it would be worth the test on that machine...
    Not for daily use, just reinstall beyond 365 days....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	- Update Service expire file.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	126448
    Last edited by samrc; 03 March 2020 at 12:43 AM. Reason: add pic
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)