Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Object Scroll Upwards to a Defined Height and Stick

Thank you Acorn - the 'odd side effects' were 'operator errors'. I retraced (and corrected) my original processes in a test document (attached) and all works as expected; the flower being a bitmap image grouped with a transparent rectangle on top.

Where in the earlier example I used a linear fill in the display screen button, I converted the screen bitmap and its linear fill into another bitmap, added the transparent rectangle and created one bitmap for all, this allowed me to created a button that works correctly with MouseOver and a Xara NavBar'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	initiostar index page header.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	126350 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	initiostar index page stick-at-top.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	126352

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PreScroll Position.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	126346 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MidScroll Position.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	126347 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post Scroll Position.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	126348

Interestingly you can create a pseudo parallax effect where objects stop at different heights from the page top.

I tried your code on the CSS text and surrounding rectangle, but somewhere I have failed to execute it correctly. The CCS text and surrounding rectangle with a 25px border should (I think) stop at the red line?

Another thought (for individual objects) is can I set a style that uses position, rather than a border? Assume each sticky object would have its own filename ="xxxx" and the corresponding style could be set (say) top 100px? I did try it, but without success.

I noticed IE Preview causes a judder at page top, but all is well in any other browser.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files