Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
I'm using Xara Web Designer Premium 365 and published a site for a customer last year. Their page ranking has suddenly started dropping so it has made them question the design of the site. My question however, isn't about page ranking really. I need clarity on our web design for a meeting I have with them.
The website was created with a mobile variant. I was under the impression that this made it a "responsive" web site. If I started out with just a plain canvas and then later added a mobile variant, rather than using a template marked R, is it still a "responsive site? Or do I need to use a template for it to be a "responsive" site. Quite honestly I can't remember which I did as so many changes were made (by the customer) early on.
Also, if I post the url address to the site will this thread come up in searches?? If not I will post it. Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Where to start...

...Does your design have adequate meta-data for pages, content and images?
...Has the site been updated at all in the last year?
...Did you add Google Analytics?

I have a client who has three prior stale sites that have not been updated for a time but, despite asking for him to remove them, they are still there and ranking promotion has taken 6 months to punch through for the one I designed. Had I not added good Keywords and embroidered them into the page prose with H1/H2 Headings then it still might be in the doldrums. That said, SEO is mainly useful for a contested sector; I rarely favour it for self-effacing hubris.

Your hand-designed variant site is R.

Anything you post is searchable, so a URL fragment will be found easily. If worried, PM me directly and I can check for you.
Publish and be damned. The ranking will go up as people view it!

Acorn