Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What about trying to combo up some of the more popular ones?

Say take my favourite #5 and putting that graphic in the #12 circle that has the name around it.

With 12 logos you designed there are almost unlimited options right there. So check out the feedback and incorporate the best of the best into one and see what comes of it.

Can't help reading #9 and #10 as 'Chamber of Placitas Commerce'! As for #2, is 'Jokerman' really a wise choice of font? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Gary,
    I bet that's confused you!
    To add to the confusion, I'd choose 4, 7 or 8!
    Tony
    Tony

Yeah, I like #4!

I like the style, proportions and (especially) the way the white space and green line combine to draw in my eye more than any of the others. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS Is there some architectural significance in that shape you've used for nos. 1, 6, 9, 10 and 11?

Hi Gary,

I've been going through the designs before reading the posts.

I was surprised to find out that so many people like #3. It does not work for me at all.

My favourite is #5 and for some strange reason #9. Of course those two are more or less the total opposite of each other.
    But #5 comes closest to 'my style' and #9 is what I would find appropriate for a small New Mexican town (from my european point of view).

I also think that James has a point: A combination of #5 and the circle from #12 would be 'bestest' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

btw, which font did you use for the word "Placitas" in #5 ??

Wolfgang

All of the logos are very good.

I printed them on a laser printer to see them in shades of gray. I would choose #9 because it has a "southwestern, hometown" feel to it. Second choice would be a tie between #10 and #3 for the "wide open spaces" feel. Third choice would be #12 for the "official seal" feel.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

3,9 & 10 but whatever you decide maybe less curves, as you have probably obseved the lines of the land are more angular here.
    A fellow New Mexican.
    Graham

When I was in the commercial graphics biz, I always - as a matter of principle - gave my client ONE logo design (the one I had decided for myself was the best), and said "take it or leave it." That way, I avoided precisely this kind of situation you're in now. And it could get even worse: the committee will want to combine their favorite aspects of logo 1 and 5 and 9! A surefire creative disaster, certain to satisfy no one.

Gary, you're and EXCELLENT designer. You just need to learn to be a Man.

So may I suggest to my fellow TalkGraphicians that you all read Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead"? It should be the Bible for any creative person.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesthiago:
    What about trying to combo up some of the more popular ones?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure that's the best idea... the quote about camels being horses designed by a comittee springs to mind.

You can't please everybody, and when you try to I think you find in most situations that you please hardly anybody.

I reccomend that you leave the logos as is (unless the client wants changes of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) and let people decide on their favourite.

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net

BTW, I like #9 the best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net