Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Mobile Menu suddenly not working

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Sue, you might just recreate the menus and re-publish so that your visitors are not inconvenienced. The sites I created use a simple font and the mouse-over effect is only the button color. I am curious as to the construction elements of the faltering menus. A diagnostic curiosity.
    I did not use a fancy font but I do have a lot of links. Look at the larger version and you can see how many pages it has. I am worried that if I re-do it, it will still not work.

Wondering if I go back to the previous version if that will work okay until they get a fix. Horrible error to be dealing with since so many cruise the internet on smaller devices and now won't be able to navigate anywhere!

Do you still have version 15 installed?

If so republish the website with that version.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Do you still have version 15 installed?

I do have Version 15 and I opened the program and got lots of errors. I didn't publish it as I used the button to view it on line, preview it, and it still didn't work. So I figured that between the error codes and the preview showing me it didn't work still, it wasn't worth trying.

In V15 go to File > Open recent > Backups you will probably get a working file there

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    In V15 go to File > Open recent > Backups you will probably get a working file there
    Great idea! Tried it! Going this route, it did not see the *.web file even though it was there. I dragged it in and the mobile version did not come with it. Any idea how to get the mobile with it? I see that the *.web is there, but all the files are in another folder where the *.web is. Maybe they need to be in the same folder?

Sue

I'm not sure why the variants would not be present, make sure you choose a file that was dated before you downloaded the latest version.

Oh, you probably added the variants in v16 so you would need to locate the backup file at AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\16\Backups

I'm not sure why the variants would not be present, make sure you choose a file that was dated before you downloaded the latest version.
    Yes, I went back to a while ago, December!

Thank you, Jamesd. I was able to go back and return to Version 15 and all is good for now.

I did email for support and was told, yes, there is a known issue and they are working on it. The tech gave me a work around but this seemed easier to fix your way. Thanks AGAIN for the GREAT idea!

Sue

That's great! Glad to have been able to help