Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
Like that Acorn, but should the result be a bmi or calories or boyh?
I like this one as a good example. It tends more towards the British values (I've no idea my height in inches [but I can work this out] but I've no idea of my weight in Pounds, only in Stones & Pounds)
EXAMPLE
Sorry Egg, I am not trying to solve a BMI or Calorie calculator, I was pointing out to the OP that sliders, in such cases, are much more valuable as they afford "what if" solutions - " What if I were 5 years younger?" - Age slider - "Gosh, hardly matters!" and so on.

If I build it fully, someone will come along and ask for the third full stop to be Gothic Red.

The OP presented kg/lbs and cm/inches. It is not difficult to include st - lbs and ft - inches but in doing so I am probably validating a calculation that may or may not be right, c.f., the original code used 2.2 as a conversion from kg to lbs, which was different elsewhere.

There are 14 lbs in a stone; 8 stone in a hundredweight and 20 hundredweight in a ton. So I clock in at one hundredweight, one stone and 13 pounds.
In Germany, I used to get market vegetables in Pfund (pounds) at the time the UK was prosecuting vendors using imperial measures.
When stuck, most use on-line calculators - "139 pounds in stones and pounds" - https://stonetopounds.com/139-pounds-in-stone.

Acorn