Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

I have added the final calculation, probably for a Male.
    The OP needs to advise.

I have added slider CSS to the page and layout CSS to the Placeholder.

CSS3 - Calorie Needs Calculator.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Like that Acorn, but should the result be a bmi or calories or boyh?

I like this one as a good example. It tends more towards the British values (I've no idea my height in inches [but I can work this out] but I've no idea of my weight in Pounds, only in Stones & Pounds)

EXAMPLE
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Like that Acorn, but should the result be a bmi or calories or boyh?
    I like this one as a good example. It tends more towards the British values (I've no idea my height in inches [but I can work this out] but I've no idea of my weight in Pounds, only in Stones & Pounds)
    EXAMPLE
    Sorry Egg, I am not trying to solve a BMI or Calorie calculator, I was pointing out to the OP that sliders, in such cases, are much more valuable as they afford "what if" solutions - " What if I were 5 years younger?" - Age slider - "Gosh, hardly matters!" and so on.

If I build it fully, someone will come along and ask for the third full stop to be Gothic Red.

The OP presented kg/lbs and cm/inches. It is not difficult to include st - lbs and ft - inches but in doing so I am probably validating a calculation that may or may not be right, c.f., the original code used 2.2 as a conversion from kg to lbs, which was different elsewhere.

There are 14 lbs in a stone; 8 stone in a hundredweight and 20 hundredweight in a ton. So I clock in at one hundredweight, one stone and 13 pounds.
    In Germany, I used to get market vegetables in Pfund (pounds) at the time the UK was prosecuting vendors using imperial measures.
    When stuck, most use on-line calculators - "139 pounds in stones and pounds" - https://stonetopounds.com/139-pounds-in-stone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat