Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello Everyone,
    I have recently purchased Webstyle 4 and I am having alot of difficulties with this software. My main issue is using the navigation/menus and any other template graphic for that matter. Everytime I insert an Xara Webstyle component into my page (using Frontpage 02) everything looks fine until I publish my page. Once it's published my navigation/menus/graphics/logo do not appear. All I see is a box with a red X in the place of the webstyle component. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I have noticed that some peoples web sites have a link back to xara in their naviagtion menus. Is there any way that we can get rid of their link in our menu?? I paid my software in full and I was not aware that the drop down menus would contain a link back to their site!! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Take care,
    DF

Hi
    well when it happens that you are not getting any of the logos or menus remember to upload all directories in the are where you site is. If you look there is about 3 sub directories make sure they get uploaded
    Hope that helped

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...86&m=490103035

Check that link and look a little further down for the Webstyle Review to get a lowdown on the software.

Hi

Regarding the second issue, the xara advertising is displayed within the sub menus when the menu is created using the trial of webstyle. Editing the menu after having purchased the program will cause the xara advertising to be removed

with regards to the first problem, it sounds like bobmed suggests - you have not uploaded the graphics and/or javascript files to your web server.

Another possibility is that you have uploaded the graphics and the js files but the script elements inserted within your web pages are not referencing the correct locations of these files.

I had a look at the xara faqs from xara.com/support/webstyle enter the word insert within the keyword field on the form and submit it to view some faqs regarding inserting the webstyle items into FrontPage

Following this, have a look at some of my posts on this forum as im sure a variety of them cover questions similar to this

Thanks

You guys have been very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help out a lost case!!

If I understood corectly, when I make a new naigation/menu, all the files that come with it should be placed in one folder all together and then uploaded to my web server?!! Would that work?

As for the link to Xara, I just got my software (C.D.) a couple of days ago. From what your telling me, once I make a navigation/menu with the purchased version all the links will disappear?!! I am very happy to hear that. I was starting to get a little worried...

Thanks again!
    DF