Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is there a way to import vector art to photoshop? it's currently in xara x, and i can get it into flash without a problem, but i really need it in photoshop without rasterising it.
    any ideas?
    thanks a lot
    IP

is there a way to import vector art to photoshop? it's currently in xara x, and i can get it into flash without a problem, but i really need it in photoshop without rasterising it.
    any ideas?
    thanks a lot
    IP

this is kinda funny because i've done this before.. i dont know if anyone else has done it so i kept it to myself.....
    i made a image in Xara X and needed it in PS
    so i exported it as a GIF then went into PS
    and edited it then brought it back into xara x and saved it as a .wmf and .xar and they worked just fine i would try that.. it did not distort the image but if you adjust your opacity it will not be the same when you convert it back (it's usually alittle lighter)
    if that does not work let me know
    IP

but that wouldn't end up with the picture in vector format in photoshop would it...?
    IP

no not in vector PS does not read vector (that i know of) but when you conevert it back in xara x it will work just the same..
    do you have a multi layer image?
    if so this will not work

what are you trying to do in PS that can't be done in Xara X? there just might be another way around it if you ask on the Xara x post
    IP

i wanted to do crazy effects on the lower layers with the shape. it's ok though - i did it rasterised and it works. it just takes more file space. thanks anyway.
    IP

Oh, you can get vectors into PS, both as Paths and as Shape layers - I do this often. But you can ONLY do this by copy/paste via the clipboard from an app which supports "Illustrator on the clipboard" file format. It is not possible to import any vector format into PS without rasterizing. I know of only two apps which have this neat "Illustrator on the clipboard" feature: Illustrator itself and Expression I wish Xara X had this feature too, as it would save me a lot of roundripping into Illu.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Budd: "what are you trying to do in PS that can't be done in Xara X?"

ROTFL! You are funny, man!

("Just about anything" would be my serious answer.)
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

I downloaded a trial version of Xara and I must agree that it totally blew my socks off! Lots of things you would normally do with a bitmap app you can do easily with Xara. And the speed is amazing. This is one program that can keep up with your whims. Tried to trip it up the first time I used it, still trying.
    There are still some things you can't do with it. Displacement mapping, for one. And the blend modes are somewhat limited. Boolean functions are primitive compared with Draw. The mold tool works great, but the new version of Illustrator has this mesh distortion tool, which can deform the shape with a rectangular or polar gridwork. It doesn't do 3D extrude. The layering display method needs getting used to. But hey, it's a vector program. It does what it's supposed to do very well indeed.
    IP

hardy har har Klaus i know that you can do more in PS i was unsure of WHAT he was trying to do
    thanks for your (no help at all) in put
    IP