Learning Wordpress is not as scary as you may think. I recently put together my very first site on WordPress I followed a Udemy course Wordpress for Beginners and I found a page builder for wordpress called Beaver Builder that was a tremendous help. I used elements from a Xara built site such as images, and photos that I exported as png or jpegs, some text was copied and pasted and one page from the xara site was just linked to from the wordpress site. The linked to page was done because it has some elements that I have not yet learned to replicate in wordpress, and for the time being this works just fine.

Developing in Wordpress is a very different skill set in my experience. But that doesn't mean that Xara doesn't have its place. I decided to go the wordpress route for this site because a) I wanted to learn wordpress and b) I wanted to do a blog type site that could be easily added to that we could easily log in to on a browser and have an admin panel. I do not have any intentions of replacing xara but rather I have added another tool to my toolbox