In addition to Standay's bit on this, which exporting gifs (for a website) I often do more than one revision of each gif. For example, I might do a "home" button, see it in a browser within the whole page, and decide it would be better with a yellow border.

I used to be able to go CTRL+SHIFT+E, type in the filename (say, home.gif), hit return, press R (for Replace) and then hit return again.

I've been doing this daily for about 2 years, but XX stops me dead in my tracks at the last return, I have to press Export with the mouse, or press ALT+E.

Can I have my last Return back? Export is already selected as the default button (shown in bold)? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, if I press the "Make background transparent" button in the GIF export (to put things back to how they always were in CorelXara)l the redraw of the preview takes 7 seconds even on a simple 100x100 pixel gif.

Once I've done this, each preview on subsequent exports takes 7 seconds before it even appears on the screen - I get a solid grey box until then.

I have a 32MB Matrox Millennium G400 graphics card, Athlon 850MHz cpu and 256 MB of RAM, so I don't think it should take that long.

[This message was edited by Daniel on September 30, 2000 at 12:46 AM.]