Whew!

Got up this morning and tried to open the Magix community forum (magix.info) and instead it kept taking me to the login page. My un/pw is always there, so I just have to press on the button. No luck. I tried on my tablet, which automatically logs me in. Nope. Oh, oh! I've been banished. And me, a fan-boy of Magix...banished! Could it have been the list of 22 bugs that I posted as replies to the Magix guy asking for comments on the latest versions of Video Pro X? Then I tried Magix.com. Banished from there too.

Then I thought that Magix had simply thrown up its arms and shut down in the face of seemingly never-ending criticism from Acorn. (Good job, by the way.)

I tried my web site that I have through Magix; it worked, at least. But, I've been banished from my on-line album.

So, I tried here and got in. I figured that it must be because I renewed yesterday, the final day of my update period. I renewed through XDPX on my desktop, so I tried loading Xara on my laptop and got a message that my subscription had expired.

When I tried to get the on-line content using my so-called expired version, I got a screen that said that the Magix servers were down for maintenance. What a relief! However, Magix should have put the same message for the community forum and for Magix.com to counteract my paranoia.

So, thanks to you both here for raising the issue and noting that the service was down. Much relieved, I'll get back to editing some videos.