bug fixes or no bug fixes, beta-testing or no beta-testing, if magix/xara go out of business and you cannot re-activate your software online on restore, you are screwed anyway... unless you can resort to sandboxing a trial version, which would only be a desperate last resort

must confess I haven't watched the video... all I would say is that right back, way before the 365 update model, new versions came out with bugs in them... that is not just limited to 'updates'.. that is not just limited to xara

I do not like the update model; I do not like not getting bug fixes; but it was always that way if you did not buy the latest version

I can use version 12 for all I need; I can use verion 11, it only lacks a couple of conveniencies from my point of view, I would like the bug fixes, but the lack of them is more a point of principle to me than practicality, maybe I am lucky

and as I said before - you cannot expect to iron out all bugs for sure before release - which is not to say some companies are not more efficient than others