Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello Forum Folks

Is it possible to "Paste in Place", similar to Flash? I inadvertently traced a lot of lines (representing roads) on top of a satellite map which are on the same layer. I want to 'cut' all these lines/roads and re-paste them in exactly the same place on a new layer.

Hmmm...there must be a way (I hope), but couldn't find and answer.

Thank you for any help you can give me!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

David

Hello Forum Folks

Is it possible to "Paste in Place", similar to Flash? I inadvertently traced a lot of lines (representing roads) on top of a satellite map which are on the same layer. I want to 'cut' all these lines/roads and re-paste them in exactly the same place on a new layer.

Hmmm...there must be a way (I hope), but couldn't find and answer.

Thank you for any help you can give me!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

David

After you select your lines and Ctrl-X (cut them), then in the Layer Gallery select the layer you want active (current), click back in the main window, now try Ctrl+Shift+V.

You can also do the following (works most of time but will crash XaraX1 in some instances). Select the lines you want to move to a different layer. In the Layer Gallery select the layer you want to be active, then press the MOVE button in the Layer Gallery.

just create a new layer and ctrl+shift+V and it should place it in the same spot. just turnoff the 1st layer but leave visible. highlite the 2nd layer paste it then group it. this way if it isnt in the same spot you can adjust it all as 1 insteadof relaying all the roads.

Hello John and Johnny

Thanks so much. Couldn't find that answer anywhere. Thank goodness for forums like this and helpful folks like you.

Best Regards,

David

Hello David and welcome to the Xara X Conference.

You might visit the Xara Xone TIPS and Tricks pages for more valuable Xara X undocumented or little know features.

Gary