Hello,

Of course. But I am way behind and it is quicker to struggle on than stop and take screenshots etc. I have a very bad-looking document, at the moment, and I need to fix it.

I am tackling it by immediately altering anything that seems to be annoying Xara. I don't have time to persuade it any more. Bolding anything wrecks baselines, for example. But I have given up worrying. Now I am making sure everything is actually finished, at which point, at 1000% zoom, I will just bite it, and work through the individual lines that need their leading tweaked. I can do it in a 20 page brochure. It's a pain but doable. Couldn't do it in a book - not without going insane.

ANYWAY, on my travels, I found an interesting film on youtube that seemed to help, even if it didnt solve my particular problems. It makes full justification a lot easier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-BCRIFSlE

Thanks to all who tried to help me. I took out the image Xara didn't like. No time. Spent the day and the doctors for my son.

Fingers crossed.

Web design is so much more forgiving!

Ali
Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
Any such pdf help really begins with the print service. What output profile do they want? Likely this will be printed using digital equipment as opposed to offset. But what type of equipment will make a difference.

And...as regards the bitmap, it would help to see the file. In lieu of that, make a bitmap copy in your Xara application and see if it outputs.