Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Navigation Bar Problem

Did you actually try going back to version 12? If you have the older version it should be running side by side with 15, so I would think it would have its own backups available. And who knows, maybe the .web file will work fine in the old version.

Clicked the check box for navbar on all pages
    That is not the correct method. Just right click over the navbar and Repeat / Repeat on All Pages

I'd never work on a site with as many pages as you have either. Split the site down to manageable chunks, 10 to 12 pages.

The checkbox you mention does as it says on the tin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navbar-option.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	121361  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

bkjohns - V12 moans that the web is set for another version. There is no possible way these webs can go backwards.

Egg Bramhill - The check box was checked throughout the life of this web until V15 changed it. This is good housekeeping as changes are always reflected throughout the web naviagtion.

Delete a page from the navbar sub. Right click Repeat on all pages. The change is only made on that page all the others are still as they were. So does not work. Delete the navbar and rebuild it allows everything to works as normal.

Most of these sites are used in the real world for information in closed high speed intranets and are already split up into interlinked webs. I publish and maintain others pro bono for charities and the like.

I asked for information (and maybe assist others that come across this problem) with this specific problem not a design review, I already have decades of experience. This is the reason I normally keep my own council.

Egg Bramhill - The check box was checked throughout the life of this web until V15 changed it.
    Tam, can you supply a file in which V15 changed this behaviour? If the checkbox is ticked it creates a navbar that creates links to all pages within the site as you've found out yourself. That's why I highlighted the site navigation bar option.

Delete a page from the navbar sub. Right click Repeat on all pages. The change is only made on that page all the others are still as they were. So does not work.
    I'm just trying to understand your the problem you have. I've never come across an issue were deleting a navbar link didn't delete all similar links ???
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host