Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Scribble June 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Thanks Rik. And thanks Larry & Bob for your comments on the same image earlier. If you haven't tried SketchUp you should. The free version is good. Models like the candlestick are relatively easy to create. While SU isn't photo realistic it still can communicate 3d ideas quite well. Here's an example I created - It was all done in SketchUp (except adding the lettering) >> SketchUp Example <<
    That looks good Ross.

I have a question for you.
    Been looking at that guys freehand perspective and I detect am error
    When he made a pitched roof he said copy the first side he made and past that line on the other end.

It is my understanding that when making a pitched roof that take the line and extend the line till it crosses in this case the left VP and use that point to make the line for the opposite visible side of the pitch, that puts it in perspective.
    It seems like he just plops down a vp which is usually a corner shot,I do not like corner shots and prefer to set up my perspective to feature whatever I want to make most important. Anyway this simple example would be 1 point perspective. So the question is am I right or wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pitch roof.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	121353  
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.