Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: High Low definition photos

I am not sure how this feature works. Except that some of the resolution depends on the physical size Xara reduces large photos.

For example, I have a photo that is 850px wide at 300dpi. I dragged it from the desktop into Xara. If I being it in at the Original Size it comes in at 800px (my setting for imported photos) at 319dpi. At Reduced it comes in at 800px width and at 230dpi.

I am sure that those who are good at maths can tell me what is going on here. But the images definitely are not set to 96dpi if you chose the Reduced size.

I retain full control as I bring my images into a Blank Photo Xara template so the original dimensions are retained.
    The image is 96 dpi so scaling to 32% gives an image at 300 dpi.

It is then a case of copy & paste.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am not sure how this feature works. Except that some of the resolution depends on the physical size Xara reduces large photos.

For example, I have a photo that is 850px wide at 300dpi. I dragged it from the desktop into Xara. If I being it in at the Original Size it comes in at 800px (my setting for imported photos) at 319dpi. At Reduced it comes in at 800px width and at 230dpi.

I am sure that those who are good at maths can tell me what is going on here. But the images definitely are not set to 96dpi if you chose the Reduced size.
    Thanks Gary - you are a mine of information!
    Now for your next trick .......... is there any way of clicking on an imported photo and seeing what resolution it has? A bit like 'Properties....'? If not, it would be a good addition!
    Regards,

The status bar at the bottom should tell you the dpi and the infobar should give you it's size (i.e the status bar should say 1 photo "TITLE" (327 dpi) or whatever and the info bar should show W - 13.33in H - 10", or again whatever).
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.