Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
Please feel free to offer any advise for improvements to my website.
www.swallowdale-brundall.co.uk
Thanks.
Ian, thank you for the offer - rubbing his hands.

General
The header and footer being the same colour seem to add to the pages being flat.
  • Graduate the colours from sky blue (top) to a darker blue (bottom).

The broken underlining is wrong.
  • An ending y looks like a full stop.
  • An ending g has nothing.
  • The descenders breaking the underline is
  • some spaces between word do not have the underline.
  • You don't need bold and underline together. Underlines are normal for hyperlinks so elsewhere are distracting.

The McAfee SECURE is neat.
Try and match the navigation buttons exactly to the links in the footer. I know some share a page. Typically, a repeat of the Navbar in text is one long line with a | separator
You social media is good. My gut would place them all close together in the bottom right footer area. It seems wrong to invite someone to leave your site immediately, let them read left to right and top to bottom first.
Your live chat is interesting. Is it effective in securing sales? It seems a lot of commitment for one holiday home, or it it shared?

Home

Balance the left and right margin.
The framed images might be better if only the picture without the frame opened in HiSlide mode.
  • You can soft-group the frame and picture and only apply the pop-up choice to the picture.

The Review Bubble seems to point to Boat Hire.
Have you put a transparency frame over the main text and review? It serves no real purpose.

Gallery
Does the job.

Brundall
Would the heading "Brundall Holiday Home" be better as "The Swallowdale Holiday Home is in Brundall"?

Norfolk Broads
I had to really search for Brundall on the location map and Swallowdale is not marked. Perhaps some rollovers on the table to appear on the map?

Prices
To be consistent, the page should have a Title.

Availability

Book Now
here is no real difference between this and the Availability page so consider using just one.

Sitemap
No real purpose as the site is quite navigable.

Links
Let down with the lack of some graphics and poor alignment.

Mobile Variant
One of the better ones I have seen.
I don't like the hamburger menu being on the right though.
The footer split of L|R(U-D) is a better balance to the Main L|C|R, which I think would be better as U-D(L|R).

Acorn