Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I downloaded the trial and then I purchased the CD. While waiting for the CD to arrive, I could download from the site but........ the file was corrupt.

Now, I cannot get the CD to load when it arrived in the mail. I am not a novice user. The installation reaches a point and then stops.

Since I cannot get satisfaction from support, I wonder if I have been 'taken for a ride ' by purchasing this software?

I downloaded the trial and then I purchased the CD. While waiting for the CD to arrive, I could download from the site but........ the file was corrupt.

Now, I cannot get the CD to load when it arrived in the mail. I am not a novice user. The installation reaches a point and then stops.

Since I cannot get satisfaction from support, I wonder if I have been 'taken for a ride ' by purchasing this software?

Hi eustiscollins,

I would remove your 1st install and then reinstall. The program works well enough for what it does. Do not expect miracles, but there are some nice templates in there.

Admittily, I have not used it much. I grew up writing code, so any template program for me is limiting...

I uninstalled the trial version and the FrontPage Add-In. When I am installing, it copies files and then gets to a point of configuring and nothing else happens. It will not go further. I am worried because there appears to be NO support for this product except for other users. That makes me wonder if it is legitimate.

I used the trial, no problems, except for any templates that could only be used with a purchased version. I liked the product and purchased it and now cannot even get it to install.

FINALLY

Maybe this will help if anyone else has this problem.

1 - Disabled my Norton Antivirus.

2 - Checked settings installed with Windows Serv. Pack 2

3 - Restarted the computer

Now, it installed. Whew....................

I do not think MM is xara's flagship product to start with. The users of this software are not rocket scientists and ask more more asssistance on easier matters than their other software.

Personally, If I ran xara, I would quit making these two products. They seem to require 4 full time people just to answer questions on the line of "How do I clean the white-off off my screen?".

i agree with you John.

Thanks Bb2,

Do not get me wrong, the programs are excellent, and do exactly what they are ment to do very well. The problem is too many people who have no idea what .html is (much less .js) run into lots of problems when they soon realize you need a little bit of knowledge to run them. They are great tools for the web developer who needs a good cheap site. Are they designed for the computer illiterate? i would say no.