Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Sometimes you can "exploit" the software by playing around with the settings in the raw text file. I played around with various settings awhile back and got X3D to do some things that it normally wouldn't. Can't remember all of them and none are earth shattering, but here's one example.

When you create a graphic, one of the settings is Miter or Round. The text instruction to look for is "<Corners>X</Corners>" With "X" representing the value for Miter (0) or Round(1).

For the first graphic, I left it at miter. For the second line of text I switched it to round. For the third line of text, I put in a 2, there is a difference, albeit slight.

Another neat trick is text sizing. X3D limits you to 288 pts. When you go into the text file, search for the <Size>X</Size> code. A value of zero represents "Fit to Width". Change it to 500 and see what you get!

One more and I must go. If you're using the Pulsate animation, the minimum size you can set is 1. Go into the text mode and look for the <MinimumSize>X</MinimumSize> tag. Replace the 1 with a zero. That way there is no small dot lingering out there.

As I said, there are many different things you can do, but be careful. I got a little happy making changes and X3D decided it wasn't gonna open some files with some numbers.

Have fun.

Art
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Extrude.gif 
Views:	321 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	6869