Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Issue with bitmaps in DPX15

Looks like it is. Looks like squashing any object does not work as in previous versions

Now I am regretting upgrading to 15. I should have kept 12. How on earth this passed the beta phase is beyond me...
    IP

back in the day it used to be a sort of joke that final beta testing was done on TG... it is getting less funny as this sort of thing repeats itself...
    IP

I've decided to revert to DPX12 until this bug (I hope this isn't a feature) is resolved. I squash stuff (text and bitmaps) all the time and this bug makes DPX15 unusable for my purposes. I guess I'll be watching this space.
    IP

in xara all 'bitmaps' are actually filled vector shapes - I'm guessing something has gone wrong with the container routines/protocols here and so the fill is not behaving as expected

the text can be fixed by editing the registry as mentioned in other thread

me I'm srticking to ver 12 also... always was, all the new stuff is web or fluff...
    IP

I got a response from Xara support. They say it's "intentional change to prevent a lot of accidental distortion / stretching of images". They are looking for a registry key that allows this distortion / stretching of images back.

I suggested using the ALT key while dragging a side handle to allow temporary distortion / stretching of images.

We'll see what happens.

I reinstalled DPX15 (alongside DPX12) so I can test any solutions Xara support come up with.

Seriously, if Xara do not come up with something, version 12 may well be my last version of Designer Pro.
    IP

thaanks for that... words fail me...
    IP

Well at least you've got a reply. Xara's silence on this issue is very seriously worrying.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Now I am regretting upgrading to 15. I should have kept 12. How on earth this passed the beta phase is beyond me...
    You can have both versions on your computer. If you deleted v12 you can go here to retrieve your password and I believe download v12. If you are outside the US you may need to replace the us in the URL with your country abbreviation.
    IP

This is an issue for me also. One of the first pieces I tried in Version 15 led me right to this problem of scaling images horizontally or vertically independently of the other dimension. I haven't been able to find any method for this simple form of scaling. I'm trying to work with a jpg or png and want to scale it to fit a space. Previous method in Version 12 was just turning off aspect ratio locking of the selected object. If you come up with something, let us know.
    IP

Hi all,

As there is a number of threads on this issue, I have started on here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ing-megathread

If we can collate all issues and discussions into that thread it makes it easier to navigate through!

Kind Regards
    Rob
    IP