Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tip for making Hi Res Social Media Banner

Hello, I do social media banners for clients. You ever wondered why FB banners, profile photos and other social media banners don't look like they have quality after exporting them with 96 dpi?

I have done testing and many exports to find out the best way to export on Xara. So Im going to share some info here. Im going to share the sizes needed and the safest dpi to export social media banners. These banners will now have a hi resolution look to them.

1. FB Banner design size: 393.4 x 149.8 exports to 820 x 313 at 200dpi. hi resolution. which is the standard for Facebook banners since april 2017
    Make sure to center the most important parts so that the main info or logo can be viewed perfectly on mobile devices.
    2. Youtube Banner design size: 1029.4 x 1093.1 exports to 2140 x 2278 at 200 dpi
    3. Twitter Banner design size: 720.7 x 240.2 exports to 1500 x 501 at 200 dpi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fb-banner-resolution-tip-and-sizes.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	119271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twitter-banner-tip.png 
Views:	2319 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	119272

I hope this was found useful to many people here. I was just looking to share some useful information.

Default Re: Tip for making Hi Res Social Media Banner

Thanks for sharing this. I had noticed that our Facebook banners (and profile pictures) can be clicked to make them larger.

My banner size in Xara is 851 x 315 and that has always fit fine when exported at 96dpi. I will start exporting at 200dpi though to be honest, I don't this will improve the sharpness of the image. Pixels are fixed size. But I know a lot of visitors to our FB page click to view the image full screen.

Gary