Yeah, I find the process confusing itself, trying to explain as briefly as possible is only going to lead to problems

What I am creating is Flash cards for teachers to be used with young learners, they are visually engaging, and I don’t have permission to use the graphics from my partner so I came up with a simple example of creating tickets.

To start with the layout I might create a grid of background blocks, set one aside for developing the content.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-p2l-1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	118944

Lets say I’m happy with this as the template for the ticket design:

Name:	xara-p2l-2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	118945

I would like to put them onto the page now so I can start to customize each ticket.
So I change the print layout to Landscape, only the page changes orientation. The drawing is still as it was in portrait mode.

Name:	xara-p2l-3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	118946

Okay, not to big of a deal, I can rotate the blocks easily enough, then re-orient them to the top corner of the page:
BTW, the blocks are on a background layer, so I need to unlock that lay before rotating

Name:	xara-p2l-4.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	118947

So now I can get busy, working on adding tickets to the page, alignment is a struggle, but I plod along...
I think the bg blocks have 0 line weight, so aligning rectangles with line weight is cumbersome.

Name:	xara-p2l-5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	118948

Now, I can create a template page, create 12 more and go through an customize each ticket. (I didn't for this demo )

Name:	3hourslater300.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	118949

Now I can rotate it back to Portrait mode to get it back to the customer. Perhaps this is where I am complicating things. I think distributing PDFs with pages in Landscape mode is going to cause printing headaches for non-technical types. To ease their burden and mine, I would like to change the orientation of the pages to portrait, so that by default the PDF’d page will print by default correctly.

So I rotate it back and go through the same steps of Page Options, change to portrait, Unlock BG blocks. Select drawing, rotate 90, re-orient to the page:

Name:	xara-p2l-7a.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	118950

But I have 12 pages of customized tickets (Flash Cards) each is different, and I have this Process for each page. It’s a lot of work that seems unnecessary.

Perhaps I’m spoiled, I’ve been working with Krita a little, and you can rotate your workspace 360 degrees without affecting the orientation of the drawing. It’s a brilliant feature. Hopefully Xara could implement that.

I'm not seeing a lot of options to quicken this process, does anyone have any suggestions?