Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vector Spray

Like always when I am stuck I always ask the people. Have been doing an illustration which is a surfer falling off a huge wave from a picture that I took last September in Tiree which is a small island of the west coast of Scotland.

To get to the point of this topic I am trying to get a champagne spray effect as shown in the cut out. Have tried brushes which looked great but crashed the computer at least 3 times I think because of the feathering that I used. simplified the brush and used more transparency but drawing looked flat. Tried tiling the background which was ok but it lacked the random effect and control of the brushes. Did a search of the site but could not find really anything that applied.

Now I seem to have a mental block on what else to try can anyone make suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bubbles_wave.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	15520  
    Design is thinking made visual.

Like always when I am stuck I always ask the people. Have been doing an illustration which is a surfer falling off a huge wave from a picture that I took last September in Tiree which is a small island of the west coast of Scotland.

To get to the point of this topic I am trying to get a champagne spray effect as shown in the cut out. Have tried brushes which looked great but crashed the computer at least 3 times I think because of the feathering that I used. simplified the brush and used more transparency but drawing looked flat. Tried tiling the background which was ok but it lacked the random effect and control of the brushes. Did a search of the site but could not find really anything that applied.

Now I seem to have a mental block on what else to try can anyone make suggestions?

You might try making a bitmap copy of the brush after feathering. Then make the brush from the copy. That way, you would get the effect without feathering being active. Rich

Maybe just a spray image. Rich

Name:	179_G_Misc1.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	17771  

Try this,

Dip an old toothbrush in black ink. Flick the bristles onto white paper.

Scan the paper and trace the pattern. Then make that your brush.

Shouldn't be too hard. Plus you can make all different kind of patterns.

Give it a shot.
    Sheff
    My Site

Have you tried using D'mtry's Spray program?? If you click on the OBJ Fill tab and choose Elipses and use the following coordanantes:

Number of Objects = 500
    Max. size = 17
    Spread = 100 %

copy and then paste into XaraX and then clone, color add transparnecy and all that good stuff. There is ONE little catch, there is an issue with the Spray/OBJ Fill tab, the objects will dissapear if you don't "Convert to Editable Shapes" first you will loose the objects. Yes, they will go away, so when you invoke the file again you will be greeted with ......... nothing! Still waiting for D'mtry to fix this one! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif But you remember this simple step you will be fine!!

Here's the file I created in about 10 minutes of doodling around...........

Good luck and have fun! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks very much for your replies. If push came to shove I would always prefer use use the techie based solution as given by Richard but Sheff's reply has just the right amount of sillyness that I will try both.

It must be twenty years since I have used the toothbrush method of applying ink to paper but have not used it with the scanner. Thanks again for the helpful suggestions I am going to try both solutions.

Hello

See if this is of use to you

Mike Engles

Name:	spray.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	18018  

Hello

This is the XaraX file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, Albacore!
    Or something like this as Foam, i made the Brush in Xara and then convert the line to Shape.
    Hope you can use it, if you like it
    Regards...
    Lord(Mohamed)

Name:	Foam.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	2467