Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Old Wounds...

Remember our friends at IllustratorWorld.com? Ron's recent car postings prompted me to hop over there and see how their car illustrations compare to what Ron is cranking out. Here's one of the examples:

http://www.illustratorworld.com/cgi/...iew.pl?id=5033

(I hope the link works)

While this isn't bad work, and I didn't view every car posted, I didn't see anything over there that would make me prefer Illustrator to Xara. (Not to mention the simplicity of Xara over Illustrator)

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Remember our friends at IllustratorWorld.com? Ron's recent car postings prompted me to hop over there and see how their car illustrations compare to what Ron is cranking out. Here's one of the examples:

http://www.illustratorworld.com/cgi/...iew.pl?id=5033

(I hope the link works)

While this isn't bad work, and I didn't view every car posted, I didn't see anything over there that would make me prefer Illustrator to Xara. (Not to mention the simplicity of Xara over Illustrator)

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

I think the images on the link look realy good but the ones Ron makes some how look more realistic, the metalic paint in Rons work just some how looks better and the lights have a 3d feel to them ,IMHO I think Ron is a master at makin these cars and hope to see many more.

JohnLogan.

joroho and John,
    I think the corvette drawing is pretty good. I think the artist is probably an advancing one, and will probably get better, giving more attention to detail. Thanks for your nice words, it's really encouraging to me. I need the encouragement...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Oh, I almost forgot. I noticed the beautiful flowers done by Becky on that other website, and thought I'd show you one of my flower drawings... hope you like, they're Calalillies
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calalilies.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	9145  

Xara's Facebook

It is the artist that makes the images not the tool...

Nothing wrong with Illustrator (if you love agony... ) However, if you have the time, and enjoy torture, this is just a couple of examples that can be acomplished with (an old version) of it:

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~yukio-m/books/10_05.html

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~yukio-m/books/10_07.html

Oh, move the mouse over to see/hide the wireframe... There are also some larger images of the same, at the site.

Do check out the large version of the tuba...

Do have in mind that this is an (insanely skilled) professional, with WAAAY to much time to spend on the images... You don't see this type of images on your standard Illustrator site (or anywhere...)

I'm sure this guy could create those images in Xara X much faster...

... but, no reason to rag on the tools... it is all about HOW MUCH AGONY you want you put yourself through, achieving what you want to do...

Risto,
    Man!!! That guy is fantastic! I got tired just thinking about the man hours put into those works. Whewwww! Those were awesome drawings...
    ron

Xara's Facebook

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Those are some really good drawings... I like the bike in particular. Time and pateince and an true artist can work wonders.

I wonder what the guy would have done if he got the blue screen o death when he was working on the last part...

Ron,

Love the flowers! They are even better than your cars!
    John/DOT