Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Pro 10 not giving print option on HP Photosmart

based on the other thread I think, whatever the cause, it only happens with 64bit xara, and probably only with [certain?] HP printers - is your designer pro 10 64 or 32 bit?

I have an HP Photosmart 7520 All in one that works fine with Xara Pro 365 64 bit.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    based on the other thread I think, whatever the cause, it only happens with 64bit xara, and probably only with [certain?] HP printers - is your designer pro 10 64 or 32 bit?
    Yes, it is 64 bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hp1.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	118445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hp2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	118446

Have uninstalled and re-installed printer software and it is still the same.

Above are 2 grabs from each Xara version I have installed, I imagine you can have 2 different versions installed. I remember when the 64 bit version first came out you could have both the 32bit and 64bit installed at the same time.

The latest Xara Designer is the only software that will not work fully with my printer.

It will print if I don't want to select what type of paper etc. I want to use but that is not good enough.

By the way, you will see on the earlier version there is a "printer Setup" on the File menu drop down but not on the new version, but doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    I have an HP Photosmart 7520 All in one that works fine with Xara Pro 365 64 bit.
    does that printer show the same kind of printer setup interface as j52c and rik [in other thread] which for them is blank ?

I had trouble with a samsung printer when windows 10 first came out because it required a version of .NET that windows 10 does not install by default [as I recall 3.5] - not saying that is the issue here, it might be something similar though, likely a local issue affecting only certain computer setups ?

@j52c - for me, the 'printer setup' button does the same thing as the 'printer' button on the dialog box that you get when you click on 'print' in the menu - in that sense it is redundant; it does not appear in my XDP365, but does in earlier versions, so I guess it may have been removed deliberately... [and in all these things it may vary from printer to printer, they do not all work the same]

I don't get a screen anything like that, sorry can't post an image as I haven't been able to upload anything to TG for months, still trying to work out why.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

thanks - different familiy of printer then I guess - and if so different drivers...

it appears to work up to DPX10, but not version 11 or 12 64bit [32bit version 11 ok] - I'm still inclined to think that it is the printer driver that is not up to date with current 64bit routines; if it were a Xara issue I'd expect more printers to show the problem... still worth raising a support ticket though, because non of this is certain... and it works with some other 64bit programs at least