G-

But I don't want to handle it! You're the one who put the bug in my ear!

Okay. Let's get some comments going and we'll work it out.

The modern term for mistaking an oblique phrase for something the listener was comfortable with (thus perverting the phrase) is called an Eggcorn.

Of the top of my head; The Long Kiss Goodnight, severely under-rated film with Sam Jackson and Geena Davis. Sam is singing to the radio and England Dan and John Ford Coley's "I'd really love to See you Tonight" is on.

Geena: No, it's a song about a relationship. It's not, "I'm not askin' for no linen. He's saying, "I'm not askin' for no live-in., not linen. What senses does linen make in the song??"

Jackson: "wtf..."

Other funny Eggcorns:

• When singers use backing tracks to sing less (or not at all) during a performance, they have to do what is called “lip singing”—mouthing the words without actually making sound.

Old-timer’s disease is a terrible illness that affects people’s ability to think, remember, and control their behavior.

A mute point is an issue that could be argued, but could also have very little consequence.

• To eardrop is to listen in on someone’s conversation.

Comedian Norm Crosby must have been the master of Eggcorns, that our malapropisms a terribly mangled metaphor:

"Someone has to put their foot down, and that foot is me."

"It's easier to catch flies with sugar than by being a snot."

" Wilt Chamberlain is an insulation to young people all over the world. Wherever he appears, after every game the kids give him a standing ovulation."

Hey, gang, all of the above is fertilizer for you mind. Get non-motivated real soon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eraser-quote.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	118390

In fact, if you like the above quote, why not out-do me? Get some great text and create a background. It could be a T-shirt, crumpled paper, whatever's appropriate to you. Google "freeware photo backgrounds".

Name:  wooden-guy-sig.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  5.7 KB