Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numbering pages

Default Re: Numbering pages

Haha, thank you for your explanation. I might have to upgrade at some stage, but I would probably still have to hand edit as I'm now putting the even numbers on one side of the page and the odd numbers on the other side of the page. Although there is bound to be a way to do that.
    When you set up your pages you can opt for Double Page which shows two pages side by side. In Designer Pro X as I mentioned you can set up the automatic page numbering and it will number even pages and odd pages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spread.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	118072  

Default Re: Numbering pages

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    PagePlus X9, the latest but not to be updated again unless a change in Windows that makes it not work, is only $20 (last time I looked). I mean, come on. Even XDP, the be all & end all of Xara applications, doesn't hold a candle to PP for any document of length.

I shake my head every time I read one of these threads. Depending on what one buys from a Starbucks-type of establishmemt, that's about 4 cups of coffee. Maybe 5.

Mike
    Curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded this programme last night. Unfortunately I can see it would be quite a steep learning curve to create a book template which I could use repeatedly and I don't have time for right now for such a learning curve.

Thank goodness I have figured out what I need to know how to do with Xara, which is still my all time favourite and is actually the main reason I own a PC instead of just a Mac.

I have done so much with Xara, from creating my very first fonts back in the day (possibly was late last century) to now producing books which are good enough quality to sell as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks on Amazon. I'm also using it to make seamless patterns for spoonflower. So I'm pretty happy with it.