Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

I tried to expand the tutorial bear. And yes of course, as the body is bigger than the head, the amount of hairs is huge :-).
    And yes, the machine is hard working to redraw them :-)
    The reason for the slowdown is clear and of course acceptable (I will convert the body to a bitmap as soon as it's finished) but I hardly can accept losing my save file an harddisk.
    As I'm a software professional, handling with huge amounts of data, I know that's hard to prevent an overloading of an application :-).
    In future I'll make some more backups before trying that type of stuff :-)

Just to let you know....I ordered my copy of XARA today :-) Hope I will receive it before my trial runs out (I bought it from a reseller in Germany, so no immediatly activation was possible).

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"I ordered my copy of XARA today :-) Hope I will receive it before my trial runs out." - Jup

I hope so too! I wonder if Charles and crew sent the latest build to be pressed yet? I too ordered my upgrade. I wanted the box and the shiny overlay... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

It is like a kid waiting for christmas. If i only knew how many days till chirstmas.

OR better yet...

When you have all the kids in the car and you are driving cross country... Are we there yet. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    John/DOT

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

X1 running on Windows XP personal edition . . . I'm hanging when trying to install a font from the web. If I open the font dialog and double click a font, Xara stops responding. It just hangs with "Installing 'font name'" displayed in the status bar and I have to end the program.

I really, really wish I'd saved before trying to use that font . . . d'oh.

hi Prawn,

I played around with installing so of the web fonts today, and I could not get it to crash. Which font where you trying to download/install. Some of the fonts only downloaded, others downloaded and installed.

Which font was causing you so much trouble and where you trying to apply it to some text in the file by double clicking the font in the web font gallery?
    John/DOT

Any of them, yesterday . . . despite reboots and all that fun stuff. It appears to have corrected itself, today. Hmmm

Did you upgrade to the 1 jun 2004 version of xara x1? That might have fixed whatever problem you had.
    John/DOT

June 1 2004 version?

I have the May 6 2004 version which, when I push the update button, tells me is the latest version. Care to clarify?

Carygee,

Please go download the newest version, MANY fixes since the May6/7th release. Just go to the Xara X1 main page and the download link will be on the screen left link bar. Install it over the top of the the one you currently have, it's fine to do it this way. You will loose any templates that you might have altered but ones that you created from scratch will remain intact, same with brushes and the movies will be left intact too!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you upgrade to the 1 jun 2004 version of xara x1? That might have fixed whatever problem you had. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have now, but it had "fixed itself" prior. Must have been some windows hiccup somewhere. There are plenty of those.