Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 365 Buttons not exporting properly

Hey guys!!

Thank you so much for your participation and opinions! I have been racking my brain all over the place and eventually just created a new project and started again as priester suggested...

I think it could be something to do with the fact that these buttons were originally created before the update... in fact, I may have even created them with WD 11, to be honest, I am not 100% sure. Either way, they did work before I ran the last update to WD 365. I really did not expect the buttons to fail, because I used normal text, just a rectangle shape and some transparency effects to create the buttons and mouse-overs and I manually just created each button. Does this mean though, that for each and every project that I ever made before WD 365 (or this last update), I am going to have to re-design all the buttons before uploading any changes in future...??

So for those that may be interested, below are the buttons, in working condition. I was unable to create a navbar within Xara with these, because the navbar interface stretches the mouseover buttons, only from one side... (I tried every possible combination of configurations) which is really a pity, because now, if the client decides to add a link, I have to redo the spacing and pretty much edit every button again.

Egg - Thanks for the tip on the transparency, I did try setting 99% before I actually posted here, just in case, but to no avail at the time.
    gwpriester - I have almost always used transparent backgrounds for buttons as well, either by clearing the fill, or by setting transparency to 100%. And I have never ran into this problem, since Xara 7.

Either way, I think it must have something to do with how the different versions of Xara handled the document. It sucks that I have to redo everything, but at least it works. Thank you so much guys for all your input!
    In my attachment, i just set all backgrounds to solid white as I will be using white background anyway.

Have a fantastic day!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Glad it finally worked out. Stuff like this makes me crazy(er).

I was unable to create a navbar within Xara with these, because the navbar interface stretches the mouseover buttons, only from one side... (I tried every possible combination of configurations) which is really a pity, because now, if the client decides to add a link, I have to redo the spacing and pretty much edit every button again.
    I couldn't understand your point at first Frodo, but it eventually clicked. Yes, this anomaly is restrictive to the buttons you're trying to create in the navbar tool.

I can't find a way around it either.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks so much guys.

Ya it's a pity Egg. If it just stretched the button normally, it would actually work, since that's all I am doing to it as well. But it's not a train smash.

Thanks again guys. How do I mark this thread as solved?
    Last edited by Frodo; 07 June 2017 at 09:30 AM.

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for your input before. After my last success, however, I added the variants for my project... the second variant, worked perfectly fine. The 3rd variant did not. I created the buttons, much simpler, with NO mouseover at all, as I don't see the point for mobile devices. I didn't have any funny feathering or anything. I created all the buttons, linked them and it was still fine.. then, the moment I repeat them to all pages... BOOM!! they render ungrouped again!!

So after much, MUCH trying, I eventually figured out, that for some reason on my mobile variant, if you do not soft group the buttons with a mouseover state, it JUST WILL NOT WORK and WILL render as if ungrouped. I find this whole episode an extremely annoying oddity, and one that has cost me so much time.

If anyone can shed more light or would like to add their two cents, please feel free. In the meantime, I don't see any point in leaving this matter as UNRESOLVED, but I'm still not sure how to mark this as solved... Thanks again.