Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

There are several versions, and I would like to know what the most recent is. Also, what is different about photoshop css? And if you know of any good sites with tutorials, I'd appreciate that to, since after I buy one I will need to learn how to use it.
    IP

There are several versions, and I would like to know what the most recent is. Also, what is different about photoshop css? And if you know of any good sites with tutorials, I'd appreciate that to, since after I buy one I will need to learn how to use it.
    IP

I think you may buy Photoshop CS. It is better than version 7 and it will be going always to the front.
    miress
    [you see it]
    IP

PhotoshopCS is powerful and easy-to-use, a huge improvement over previous versions. Has nifty things like automatically setting levels and correcting shadow/highlight errors. Excellent program.
    IP

Well Oblivious it depends what you use it for:
    Digital photographer. Buy CS
    Web Designer. Your choice
    Graphic Artist. Buy CS

To keep it short, there has been loads of improvements in the automatic level settings, the ability to import RAW data from cameras so that you have full control on how the data is processed, improvements in the way filters operate.
    Don't just ask here go to the Adobe site and take the tour. However you may only use PS infrequently so you might be able to pick up a new copy of PS 7 cheaply but by this time they are quite rare as you can upgrade to CS quite cheaply from that.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

You are absolutely correct ... Photoshop is very powerful ... HOWEVER ... to tell a beginner that it is "easy to use" is just about as misleading as I have ever heard. Photoshop is the premier professional image editor in the world and as such has a very steep learning curve. There are entire third party industries devoted to this particular product and to a beginner it can be a complete mystery. I use it, love it, and highly recommend it ... but would never tell anyone that is new to it that it is "easy to use"! Cheers ... :-)

the wiz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael (UK):
    PhotoshopCS is powerful and easy-to-use, a huge improvement over previous versions. Has nifty things like automatically setting levels and correcting shadow/highlight errors. Excellent program. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    IP