Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X365 update (March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Egg's behaviour is expected.
    No, never expected!
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Do we really need that splash screen covering up the downloading rotating box?

This morning (in Canada) on my laptop (Surface Pro 4), the update appeared when queried. I ran it, but it didn't take the first time round. Upon reopening Xara, the box turned to check for updates and it said that the program was up to date. So I queried it again and the update available notice appeared. It worked the second time.

Went to my desktop and it said that the program was up to date, but the version number was still the old one. I'll try again later.

Given the problems that seem to often occur with updates, one should not issue updates just before a weekend, unless one plans to spend the weekend fixing the problems.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

HI Acorn, the same behaviour occurs in v11.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    HI Acorn, the same behaviour occurs in v11.
    Sorry, you missed the point in that you associated the behaviour to Egg and not the application,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes!

Now I'm a happy camper. It appears that they fixed the two problems that I raised about using Xara with Movie Edit Pro (or Video Pro X). Using an art brush in the animation (only when accessed from the video editor) would cause Xara to crash. Also, clicking on the button to close and return to the video editor would cause a crash (exiting using the X at top right worked fine).

I will post separately a short video showing an animated brush created through this interface as soon as I get the update onto my desktop. I am hoping that it works on my desktop as well as it is working on my laptop.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

@ Acorn:
    Sorry, you missed the point in that you associated the behaviour to Egg and not the application
    I didn't Acorn
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi, I diidn't like the new Icon so I reverted it back to Designer 11 icon... JIm
    Have to aggree revolting is what I would say but how do I change it please.

Peter

First post here, and sorry it is a negative one since I really like Xara Pro 365 and use it every work day... but this latest update has broken my ability to create PDFs in Xara. Bit of a major problem for me, so I reverted to an earlier version of 365 and sure enough PDFs can be produced as before. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem? I uninstalled and updated twice, but don't fancy doing it again unless/until this problem is solved. Wasted three hours overnight fighting this problem without success.

if you are using windows 10 changing the icon for the program shortcut:
    rightclick/properties/shortcut-tab/change-icon and browse to your new icon

but changing the icon for file type [ie the files themselves] requires windows registry changes [or use of a third party utility if you feel brave enough to trust one] - MS removed the means to change file type icons directly a while back - probably because it was fed up of non-technical people who thought they knew what they were doing, 'experimenting' and getting in a mess when they found out they didn't - something I am sure MS must experience a lot of ....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@rover did you right click and run as administrator - that usually fixes issues with file import/export/creation - only need to do it once

or you could install in admin mode, but still may need to do the above

this is all dependent on the permissions that your system is set up for.. beyond xara's control....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...