Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am having issues using a WebStyle 4 template within a dreamweaver MX template (.dwt) file.

When I import the WebStyle template into dreamweaver everything looks great. However when I then save the file as a dreamweaver template the navbars no longer work.

I know this is a path issue, I just dont know how to fix it.

Can anyone help?

Thanx.

Joe.

I have the same problem and would also like to know how to fix this.

Xara may be you could shed some light on this issue..

You wrote,

Do you mean an .html page created with xara elements or are you try to use the files in the WSTemplates folder? I don't think the later is possible. Let me know if there is a way to do that. I am assuming the former for this reply.

I read your post and became curiuos because I need to know too. It worked for me.

In Dreamweaver, I saved a .html page as a template (.dwt file) inserted some editable regions, saved the template. Re-opened the .dwt and saved as test.html. The menus do not appear when viewing the .dwt file in IE6 but do appear when viewing the test.html page created with the template.

I have not used Dreamweaver very long and have never used the template functionality until just now. Any pointers would be appreciated, this looks like a very good thing to use.

1. created a page in Webstyle saving it as index.html to a folder named art at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\art This caused index.html and a folder named index_files to be saved.

2. opened the page in DW and selected file and save as. I navigated to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\art and saved the page as index.dwt. This allows all elements of the page to be displayed when previewing the page in a browser.

I can then save the template as .htm pages and save these pages to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\art.

If i save pages created from the template to a sub folder of art named members c:\inetpub\wwwroot\art\members i recieve an 'update links' alert from DW.

Selecting yes updates all links in the html to correctly reference the location of the files.

It does not however update the script element referencing the location of the javascript files used to allow the navbar to be displayed. I think this is DW does not update anything within a document.write. during the 'update links' process

You would need to edit the script element manually In the scenario above, pages stored in the members folder would need the script elements updated from

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    <script webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="index_files/index_hnavbar.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="index_files/index_hnavbar.gif" moduleid="testweekend (Project)\index_hnavbar_off.xws"*/</script>
    </pre>

to

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    <script webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="../xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="../index_files/index_hnavbar.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="../index_files/index_hnavbar.gif" moduleid="testweekend (Project)\index_hnavbar_off.xws"*/</script>
    </pre>

Hope this helps