Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default wacom right click

Hi guys. Whenever I right click on something, lets say a square, I get duplicates/clone of the object. I would have to make sure I do not move my hand on the tablet when I right click, this is very frustrating. Any suggestions or ideas? Imagine when I am older and my hands shake then what All I want to do is open the menu.

Default Re: wacom right click

I've also had this happen to me in the past. If you are using a Wacom tablet the following might help:

1) To clear the problem sometimes it's just a case of right and left clicking a few times with your mouse or touch pad on a blank area of the Windows desktop. For some reason this seem to clear the problem when you go back into Xara Designer and use your tablet.

2) If that doesn't work next I would check the Wacom drivers are still actually running. A quick way to check is try and open Wacom tablet properties. If the driver has crashed or stopped running you will see a message saying "no compatible tablet found".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wacom-tablet-properties.png 
Views:	316 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	116320

At this point if you've ever saved your Wacom tablet settings in the past, a quick way to get the drivers running again without the need to reboot your pc is to restore your saved preferences. If not, reboot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tablet-file-preference-file-utility.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	116321

3) I would also check you have the latest Wacom drivers.

4) Talk to Xara support to see if they can help
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

there may be a way to slow down the wait time between clicks - which wacom tablet are you using?

it would be nice if xara gave us the option to decide for ourselves what such mouse/pen clicks do, but I am not holding my breath - my pet hate is ending up in the photo tool when I accidentally double click a bitmap; merde
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you guys, it is an old wacom, it is model et-0405-u but even using the newer tablet bamboo I had the same issue. Will try your ideas and get back to you all. thx

Is there a shortcut key for right click in xara?

Didn't find something in Xara, but you can activate the windows mousekeys function by pressing the left SHIFT together with ALT and the Num key on the numeric keypad. You have to confirm you want to activate it.
    I read on the net that now the minus key on the numeric keypad should simulate a right click, but for me it is the 5 key on the pad.
    The numeric keypad has to be enabled for this to work.

You could also use a tool like AutoIt. Here is a small sample code
    Code:
    HotKeySet("{APPSKEY}", "apps")

While 1
     Sleep(100000)
    WEnd

Func apps()
      MouseClick("menu")
    EndFunc
    This binds the application key Name:  appskey.png
Views: 194
Size:  1.1 KB to the function apps which simulates a mouse click (in this case menu is used just in case the user has swapped the left and right buttons).

I attach a zipped executable.
    When the executable is started it adds an icon to the system tray where you can exit it.

Off cource you can use any key combination you like...

Sorry can't attach the file right now. Please ask if you would like to try it.