Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help!!! A forever changing list in a website....

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for assistance in this unique encounter I've had with a client and hoping some of you have already gone through this scenario.

I have a Pizzeria site that I have done and on one of their pages they have a beer list, a VERY extensive one. This beer list changes monthly, again, very extensively. In the meeting, the person I met with wasn't sure but believes the list is compiled/edited in Excel. I'm wondering how do you put this on a page, where I'm not having to retype the list every single month but can instead input their file they email to me, right on the page. I know how to add a file such as PDF file, etc, but I need the list to be a visible full list, and not something the viewer clicks to download.

I have the sample site i'm building here: www.allaroundpizza.tazzanderson.com and the beer listing page is on there now, but I just converted one of theirs to a three part jpeg, which I don't really want to do.

Any insight on ideas would be great, thank you in advance.

Tazz Anderson

Default Re: Need help!!! A forever changing list in a website....

Just to rephrase part of that above. They had an old website that I have redone. I took their beer list off their website, which appeared to be an Excel document, and I converted it to a Jpeg image on my new page. Their document was in three parts...
    They want their site with a mobile friendly version, which complicates my mind even more as to how I get this beer list on it, effectively.

Thanks,
    Tazz

Use Google Drive. Create the spreadsheet and then go Publish to the Web.
    In Xara create a placeholder to load the sheet.
    The sheet will be a bit wide for a mobile but it will horizontally scroll.
    If you give access to the sheet to the client they can update it as often as they wish.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

More detailed:

You can edit this sheet. The changes aren't instant, remember the sheet is only republished at 5 minute intervals. HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 February 2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Use Google Drive. Create the spreadsheet and then go Publish to the Web.
    In Xara create a placeholder to load the sheet.
    The sheet will be a bit wide for a mobile but it will horizontally scroll.
    If you give access to the sheet to the client they can update it as often as they wish.
    Thank you Egg...You went above and beyond with your help...awesome! EGGstremely helpful!!!

Much appreciated,
    Tazz

My pleasure Tazz. I created the video & spreadsheet a few months back but couldn't find that post so I just recreated it.
    Egg