Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Xara Xara Web Designer Premium have a site search utility?

New to Xara - from Serif WebX8 - trying to find if Xara Web Designer Premium has a site search utility/wigit/function in the program.

Cannot find the answer in forum.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Beth

Default Re: Does Xara Xara Web Designer Premium have a site search utility?

Welcome to TG Beth.

No, there isn't an inbuilt search function in Xara.

The matter has been raised before, you can view some of these threads by copying the text below in it's entirety and pasting it into Google. Don't click on the link.

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you Egg for your quick response.

The Google search widget that is suggested in YouTube video from 2012 does not work (freezes up and must restart program), so I went directly to Google.com and downloaded the code for a custom Google search.

Not that I want any part of Google in my websites, but this seems like the only way to do it. The Google instructions say to copy and paste to the html body but that doesn't work with Xara.

Now that I have the code the widget works. You must copy the code to clipboard first but it doesn't tell you that ahead of time.

I made a regular search box for the desktop pages and an hourglass icon on the mobile pages with a link to a dedicated mobile "search" page, where the Google box is placed.

After many hours of trial they both work - Hooray!!

I'm sure that there will be many more questions as my 4 websites and hundreds of pages are re-written.

Again, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I'd love to know the step by step for getting it done. Can you post a link to the site to see how well it functions. I need to do the same thing. Thanks.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...460#post512460

I have used this and it works fine. You add this into a placeholder which is a simple rectangle. Do a Help > Search for Placeholder Objects