Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
Kate, I was not trying to be selective about the information and if I was, I apologise. I did include the link to the page for those interested.

I just find the model you have adopted is contrary. Elsewhere, I buy a product and get free updates and bug fixes to the next big version, or I have a subscription. With a subscription, I will lose all access if I terminate.
With your model, I lose relatively critical components that you have chosen to put on-line and beyond reach.

To be upbeat, my Xara applications are my first port of call for 90% of my work. I subscribe to Creative Cloud because I can afford to and I use this reluctantly for industry-standard work. I use a variety of web packages but prefer Xara over these for elegant solutions (in the main). I use MS Word and MS Visio for DTP work. I want to use Xara but the lack of Visio-style or Gliffy-style dynamic connectors is a stopper for me. I would sorely miss not have my Xara applications.

Read this: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...392#post569392 for ernie-f's accolade and superb portfolio.

Acorn