Quote Originally Posted by LadyMacbeth View Post
"how is the support by the American or English distributor in case of installation/ registration problems. (downloading contentpacks or updates)"

From my vantage point, horrible. I've been trying to get the copy of version 6 that I bought for about 8 days I think all told. I got one response from xara who promised me a new code after I proved I owned it. I did that about 3 days ago and have heard nothing from them. Facebook has no posts on it and doesn't offer any help. I don't care about the money I care about the total lack of regard for their customers.

I finally gave up this morning and purchased a copy of the new version--doing so with eyes wide open that support appears to be sub-par if not non existent. I love the product and have used it since 2009. I hate that the company has devolved into one that doesn't care and if you really have problems with the product.. the best course of action is to ask for a refund because you're not going to get company support.

I agree that having limited resources can be problematic, but I disagree that is the sole issue. I work for a company who is more than limited and i do customer service for several thousands of people. I know that a ticket response or an email saying,"i am working my second job but I will send you that as soon as I can" beats the heck out of totally ignoring them, thus proving that you just dont' care about the people who buy your products.
so looks the same problem as the Dutch company who deals with Xara/magix in Holland. so as long it's working you're happy but if not ,
then...