Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: XWD365 - some objects will not stay behind others [file attached]

John,

if you go to Xara support page you can open a ticket.

http://support.xara.com/

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Larry,

I opened the file in Designer Pro 11 and 365 and the palm graphic showed through the both rectangles in both programs.

Capn.
    I had seen that the rectangle above the blue rectangle has transparency applied and thought that this was the problem. I did not take into account the blue rectangle does not have transparency. To me it appears as a bug and should be reported to Xara. There is something with using sticky and the stretch that is causing this.

Glad you found a work around but I would still report it.

Ray
    I wonder why it didn't for me. hmmmmm....
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I submitted this issue to Xara support and here is their reply:

This is a known issue and due to the layering of sticky and/or stretchy objects. We are looking to improve this and make it more WYSIWYG but for now a work around can be found in the Fresh theme (under Single Page Websites). If you have a look at the grouped objects behind the NavBar, there is a stick to top rectangle and group containing the logo (which is just text), a plain rectangle with no attributes set (so when you scroll it doesn't show the top image behind the NavBar). The NavBar is then set to stick to top as well.

You can copy this setup into your own website and tweak it which is probably easier.

I haven't checked it out yet, but I wanted to let anyone else having this problem know that it is a bug and Xara is aware and working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Larry,

I opened the file in Designer Pro 11 and 365 and the palm graphic showed through the both rectangles in both programs.

Ray
    I downloaded the trial of web designer just to see but when I put the tree to the back it did not show through. Is it just me not knowing what I am doing or what. I also did the same thing with Xara Pro X(version 8) both with the same results. I do not dispute you guys findings I am just saying what I did and my results. I must admit I know nothing about web design. so usually stay from anything web related but this is confusing to me. To further add to my confusion I also did not see what Roly was talking about. No wonder I stay away from web stuff.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.