I spent the weekend creating my first Xara site, and within the few items that really had me shaking my head, was the way that a cursor only gets intuitive about dragging an item after it has been selected, and the left mouse button has actually been clicked. So you'll know, I'm a WebPlus refugee, really coming to grips with XWD for the first time.

WebPlus procedure:

- select an item
- run cursor across item.

Result: anywhere that the item can be grabbed for dragging, the cursor turns into a 4-arrowhead crosshairs

Xara procedure:

- select an item
- run cursor across item, and observe that there is no visual feedback as to when the item can be selected.
- perhaps after a few attempts, finially grab hold of the item by depressing left mouse button

Result: Observe that only now does the cursor transform to a gunsight and also a 4-arrowhead crosshair...both of them...side by side.

Well, it's a bit late at that point. I have already grabbed the item, and know that I can move it. What I need is visual feedback to let me know WHEN I can select the item for dragging, not AFTER I already have it.

....Just a workflow issue that would be better served by a smarter cursor.