We could always revert to the old policy, I think this veiled threat is bad business, especially when your frequently asked question page said the following just 2 days ago.

Here is what is in your, FAQ email, which I received May 3, 2004.

Can I download Webstyle and the templates as soon as I purchase?

Yes. Whether you order the CD or retail box version, you will be able to immediately unlock the Webstyle trial and download all of the templates.

I noticed Xara has since removed this FAQ, when I checked back today. This and Kates visit may be a result of my sending a note to Xara support to try to find out what the real story is on these template. It is this FAQ that people had read that made them so angry.

Kate I think it is very important that Xara be upfront with the customers. I appreciate your setting the record straight on the contents of the template pack. It's prudent that the erroneous FAQ has been removed. The point people are trying to make is that other companies somehow manage to pay their designers and include all their templates with the original product. On my part I don't have an example of this that I can point to. I have found the product to be a great timesaver and a great value, and I haven't even gotten into the templates.

Kate my suggestion for good business, would be like this. I understand that many people think that we should include the template pack for free. Our management had considered that option. Perhaps it would be a good idea for us to revisit that, since people in this forum have mentioned that other companies are doing things better than XARA is, regarding templates. I personally haven't experienced this. If you can help me get started by provide me specific details including those companies websites, I will investigate this issue further and present my finding to management again.

DollFace: Your concerns are real and I get the impression that most users feel the same way, whether correctly or misguided. I think is is eqaully important for Xara as a business entity to manage customer expectations, as it is for them to provide the best product. One mismanaged client can lead to 10 missed sales.

New Users: In my opinion everything you see in the demo with $$ attached to it is included with the product when you pay. Nothing from the additional template pack appears in the demo in any way. Can someone who knows if I'm correct for sure about the items with $$ on them please respond.