Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Merry Christmas Card(s)

Here is one from me Merry Christmas to all my TG friends!

I have attached a very special.xar file as a Christmas Gift. It is a texture preset that you can drop onto any photo to add a lovely frosted window effect! To use it just select your photo and drag and drop the frosted texture preset from an explorer window on to your photo. once applied you can ctrl+click to select the texture and then use the transparency tool to adjust the elliptical transparency or use the selection tool to resize the texture layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christmas card2016.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	115642  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Card.gif 
Views:	97 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	115652
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hey all,
    Merry Christmas and thanks for the amazing cards i merging that all

Thanks

Animated and all, Larry, thanks for sharing!

Lovely card, Frances, thanks, too.

Larry, did you see the tree I sent to your thread?

vsservicesltd, this is Christmas, okay? Please make your account a personal one rather than an advertising one.

-g

I made this Card thanks to T.G. members! I thought the Christmas card Rik posted in the Xara Art Gallery was excellent so I wanted to make a similar image but not having the .xara file for the tree ribbon had to trace it using the shape editor tool then the colour picker to get the linear fill colours near as I could, the lines on the ribbon I made then converted lines to shapes and again using the colour picker for the linear colour fill. I then made shapes from an old ribbon shape by Masque to go round the rope brush line (by Egg) holding the bauble up. Finally but not least used the frosted glass by Frances to give the left and right sides of the image the finish you see. The star tree and ellipeses as well as the bauble are all mine Thank you all Lady and Gentlemen and a very happy peaceful Christmas to all at T.G. and Xara.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Card.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	115658  

Much terrifically, stygg!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy Christmas tree.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	115660

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    I made this Card thanks to T.G. members! I thought the Christmas card Rik posted in the Xara Art Gallery was excellent so I wanted to make a similar image but not having the .xara file for the tree ribbon had to trace it using the shape editor tool then the colour picker to get the linear fill colours near as I could, the lines on the ribbon I made then converted lines to shapes and again using the colour picker for the linear colour fill. I then made shapes from an old ribbon shape by Masque to go round the rope brush line (by Egg) holding the bauble up. Finally but not least used the frosted glass by Frances to give the left and right sides of the image the finish you see. The star tree and ellipeses as well as the bauble are all mine Thank you all Lady and Gentlemen and a very happy peaceful Christmas to all at T.G. and Xara.

Stygg

For a minute I thought, 'I don't remember posting my .xar file on the forum?'
    So, I have to say that your rendering of the ribbon is excellent. I honestly though you'd used my file.

And a your version is definitely worthy of posting.
    I'll quote Gary and say that it's 'terrifically' good.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thank you Gary and Rik for your kind comments, also thanks for your original image Rik, I learned a few things making my version of it, well worth the effort.

Stygg

Love it Stygg. Thank you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you Gare, I made the show very large on my ornament very large hoping it will show when reduced.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509