Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I can't export a .xar document as a PDF!

Export a XARA "Photo & Graphic Designer" 11 file in XARA 12 (365-garbage) program gets me a popup of "ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION AT 0x0183D01F".
    Windows 7 - 64bit.

Making a NEW LINE in a XARA 11 file then deleting that line with backspace gets me a popup of "ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION AT 0x017905C0".
    Note that this is EVERY TIME I BACKSPACE TO DELETE A LINE (from a Xara 11 version file).
    This does not happen if I delete the line by hitting the Delete key.

It would be nice if XARA would stop unleashing garbage-ware on their customers.
    XARA 10 -- full of annoying bugs.
    XARA 11 -- fun new annoying bugs.
    XARA 12 -- more stupid bugs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara 11&12 Bugs.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	115187

It would be nice if people having issues with any version would upload a file...

A simple calendar for 2017.

In XARA "Photo & Graphic Designer 12" (AKA 365 --- garbageware) if you insert a new line in any of the existing text,
    then hit BACKSPACE, the program vomits a "ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION AT 0x017905C0" popup error.

http://www.filedropper.com/calendar2017

Thanks for the file. XDP 12 (365) Doesn't barf here by adding a newline and pressing backspace. tried it on the month titles, the date columns, etc.

Edit to add. I was using XDP 12 and noticed you are using P&GD 12. Got confused as to which application you were using in your first post above.

Mike

No problem here either.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

None here either.

I figured EXACTLY what was causing the problem. If I put a shadow to any element on the document, the export function won't work. BUT if I save the photo (png with transparency with the shadow) first and then add the element (with shadow imbedded) THEN it will export. Woo hoo! I'm a Cappy Hamper!

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's the shadow that won't export. If you add a shadow to an object it won't export BUT if you ADD the shadow to the object and then export the object and THEN add it back to the original document, it will export then.

Hope that makes sense.