Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link to new page from a popup image

Moved from WEBX7 to Xara Designer 11 Premium. Well on the way to building my Family History Site. Slowly getting my head round the layout and how to get things done. Enjoying the software.

I have a question?

I have an image that when clicked pops up larger, simple enough. What I now want to do from the enlarged image is to click on this image which will open a new page. Currently the image has a magnifying glass icon which when clicked restores the image to its original size.

A little background info. The images are book covers sitting in a bookcase, when clicked will enlarge enough to read the title. I have a paid for copy of Pageflip5 with a number of PDF documents converted to this.
    I am using an Embed a Website widget to access these publications which are up on my servers. I have this working by just clicking on the thumbnail book cover image but this image is too small and the book titles can't be read hence the need to have the thumbnail larger as a popup.

Regards David

Default Re: Link to new page from a popup image

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You cannot do what you are asking. But, you can put your larger image on the MouseOver layer and link both to the specified destination. When the visitor mouses over the image it will enlarge and if the visitor clicks the larger image it will follow the link. I'll post an example in a minute or two.

Here's an example (You will get a message saying this was created in a new version. Ignore the warning)
    Attached Files Attached Files

That looks good. I'll explore this and likely work with it.

You can do a lot with a little extra effort with adding layers. I did this example website several years ago to show photo menus http://gwpriester.com/menu-test/

It gives you an idea of what can be done with the tools and features at hand.

You can if you add HTML into the Web Properties > Image > Pop-up Title.
    In the Pop-up photo options, you need to also tick the Show image title checkbox.

If you have another page with a Page filename of "anyname" then the form of Pop-up title will be Magic <a href="anyname.htm">Link</a>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat