Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

On Feb 12th, Menu Maker answered Joe of London telling him that one can make the primary button / menu null by leaving the URL and Target fields blank. That was exactly the information I was looking for, BUT, it doesn't work. If the main menu / button is clicked, it brings up the old "This page cannot be displayed" (there is no page). Can someone tell me why this advice isn't working with my buttons that I DON'T want to be clickable? Check out Mugu Crows Club and click on the About Us button. It should be null and isn't. Thanks.

On Feb 12th, Menu Maker answered Joe of London telling him that one can make the primary button / menu null by leaving the URL and Target fields blank. That was exactly the information I was looking for, BUT, it doesn't work. If the main menu / button is clicked, it brings up the old "This page cannot be displayed" (there is no page). Can someone tell me why this advice isn't working with my buttons that I DON'T want to be clickable? Check out Mugu Crows Club and click on the About Us button. It should be null and isn't. Thanks.

I tried creating a menu button specifying no url with one submenu item specifying a url. The meun item worked, the status line displayed the same thing as on your website. javascript:;

I am using Webstyle not Menumaker. Why does your website put the phrase javascript:; into the address bar. That is a restatement of your problem. My website didn't do that.

You need someone using menu maker to try this. Could it be a menumaker bug??

Here is a suggestion. Create a new button on the end of your bar, and never touch the optional fields. If that works. You can rebuild the buttons you need.

Try out the preview brower button in menumaker, and see if the problem shows up there. If so you may be able to reduce your testing cycle on this problem.

i get Cannot find server or DNS Error when attempting to view http://www.mugucrows.org/
    preventing me from checking out the problem

I just opened the site and it is working fine. If you are a MenuMaker user, please check out my problem. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bb2:
    i get Cannot find server or DNS Error when attempting to view http://www.mugucrows.org/
    preventing me from checking out the problem <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple of Things: I did view it in the MenuMaker browser once and it worked perfectly. When FTPed to the domain server, the same problem existed although I confirmed that the files had been rewritten. Secondly, I believe it isa MenuMaker problem, i.e., that the files are not being rewritten somehow.

I also had your thought of creating a new main button and leaving it blank and a sub-menu button to see if this works. However, I'm on a tight schedule this morning and won't be able to get to it until tonight. Thanks for your suggestions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FP-User:
    I tried creating a menu button specifying no url with one submenu item specifying a url. The meun item worked, the status line displayed the same thing as on your website. javascript:;

I am using Webstyle not Menumaker. Why does your website put the phrase javascript:; into the address bar. That is a restatement of your problem. My website didn't do that.

Here is a suggestion. Create a new button on the end of your bar, and never touch the optional fields. If that works. You can rebuild the buttons you need.

Try out the preview brower button in menumaker, and see if the problem shows up there. If so you may be able to reduce your testing cycle on this problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I finlly fixed it but NOT in MenuMaker. My husband showed me how to open the Javascript in Notepad and i had remove the "Javescript:" for each button. This is definitely a bug in Menu Maker, if one cannot go back and empty a button i.e., make it null and not clickable within MenuMaker.

Before doing this, I experimented with creating a new button menu with two sub-menus and without ever putting anything in the URL and Target fields. I still got the same result--the primary button was clickable and brought up the error page. At this point, it seems the only way to manage it is by going into the Javascript and removing the erroneous Javascript between double quotes. MENUMAKER, are you paying attention? We should be able to make a primary menu button NOT CLICKABLE in MenuMaker and have the Javascript write it that way!! FIX IT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FP-User:

Try out the preview brower button in menumaker, and see if the problem shows up there. If so you may be able to reduce your testing cycle on this problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you can conclude that the problem is with menumaker, but neither can I rule it out either. I think I mentioned earlier that when I hover over my empty menu item, I see the same javascript:; in the ie status bar.

A second cause could be your ISP.

A third cause could be something else strange that you've done with your html or java in your web page.

You have a fix you can use over and over so, great.

Another thing you can try is taking a trial of xara webstyle 4 and use it to do a fresh minimal toolbar and see if it works. If that doesn't work. I would be leaning toward my suggestion 2 and 3, and concluding your problem is not menumaker itself.

Check out my other post http://207.68.162.250/cgi-bin/linkrd...feve%2fubb%2ex

This is a review of WS4. You need to start your work in certain order to ensure minimal problems.

Also http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...8965#573108965

hi i think the problem is caused when you leave the url field blank for a particular button but enter a value wihtin the target field.

If the linked page is being retrieved within the same window then it is not necessary to have any entry within the target field for the particular button/menu in question

bb2: He fixed the problem. I was curious about your solution. I tried option 1, under target frame "self" uploaded to the web, no problem. I tried the other 3 option available. Then using Browser Preview within webstyle, the problem occurred only when the forth option was chosen. Nice work.