Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
By the way. Art brushes are incredibly loaded processor. Combining pieces of brush in one shape 100% leads to the freezing of the program. My machine with 64Gb memory can not cope with this. Unfortunately.
I think all of this is a result of having to work with 30 year old code that the programmers are sort of locked into and need to create kludges.

Compare calligraphic or "nozzle-type" brushes in Xara to Illustrator or CorelDRAW. I'm don't know about DRAW, but Adobe re-factored Illustrator years ago to get over programming hurdles that are legacy.

It almost literally broke my heart the other day while I was trying to trace off a piece of an Art Nouveau sculpture in Xara, only at a certain point being forced to work in Creature House Expression, because it let me define the stroke as a vector, and I could customize the width of the stroke on the fly. When the stroke is simplified and it was a vector shape to begin with, it remains a vector, you can smooth it in Expression, and then export as an AI file to Xara.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user-defined brush strokes.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	113959

This is 2003 technology, and Microsoft basically gives it away, after partially wrecking the program, and then scratching their corporate pinheads over why no one bought the program.

How about Xara makes everyone happy and puts advanced drawing tools into a Web creation program?

Name:  smsmirk.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  4.1 KB

-g